Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fallen

Around 9PM EST, some of you might have heard a large crash. It was unexpected, but something that was 18 years iin the making.

It was the sound of B falling off the pedistal I put him on.

See, I did write him. I told him that I felt bad that we didn't talk, about all the things lately that have made me think of him and hope he is well. I asked if he wanted to catch up.

I got a response. It was.... interesting?

OK, he's a total narcissistic jackass.

It was what I needed to do tho. I needed to get out my feelings, and prove once and for all to myself that he is truly a selfish jerk. I wasn't expecting anything back, so when he seemed to interpret the e-mail as me needing some sort of reassurance or emotional support from him to deal with my issues, I was floored. That he rambled off all his family obligations that he was very busy with and how sucessful he's become since leaving home (in the biggest most pretentious SAT words he can find) as if he was too busy/important to have time to deal with me. He said he thought maybe I should tell the truth when asked about him.

I wanted to say I did tell the truth. The truth was that he was a tool, but I was hoping I could say something more positive.

I'm not sad. Not upset. Actually quite relieved that I can place B in a box, along with my ex best friend, and simply no longer care. Not about him, his issues, or what to say to M.

He said tell the truth. I'm sorry M, in advance for that.

I got closure. Amen for that.

4 comments:

Barely Sane said...

That is sad. I'm sorry :(

Brown =) said...

It's OK Barely :) It is sad, but to be honest as soon as I read the e-mail I was like "What a JERK!" (well, I didn't use that particular phrase, LOL!) And not in a sad, hurt way, but in a "I know this Jackass?" way. I needed to see it, and I'm better for it :)

I feel sorry for M, because it's going to be a really difficult relationship for everyone to navigate. He's just not going to be pleasant to deal with. That's why God gave her me as her b-mom, LOL!

Barely Sane said...

LOL! You never know, there may not be any relationship there. Seems B isn't that interested in anything other than what's in front of his face.

I guess the only thing to decide is that a loss or a gain for M?? I just know I'm itching for you guys to actually have some contact.

Anonymous said...

haha, I hadn't read here in a few days (though I should have known you'd be writing up a storm stuck home this week!)

Jerkface really showed his true colors this week, in the most pompous way possible if you ask me (and I think you have, so there!)

I'm with barely though...I really don't know how much relationship M's gonna want to have with Jerkface...it is an interesting question though, if it's a loss or a gain for M...something I deal with in my own thoughts, as you know...hmm....